Candi Tebing Tegallingah
The department of history and archeology discovered an ancient cliff temple in the village of Tegallinggah, Bedulu, Blahbatuh in the regency of Gianyar. The discovery was made by the Dutch archeologist Krygsman when he was conducting research on a small building carved in a steep sand stone cliff of the Pakerisan River. The site of the temple is known only to the villagers who knew of a gate in to a care covered with sand after the excavation they found, besides the gate, a flight of stairs leading up wards. Next in the gate were found and at the back of these ruins they discovered a garden. They found two small temples carved in the sandstone wall of the garden. On the left of the gate stand the ruins of an unfinished monastery. It seemed that they left the place unfinished after
the northern part of the building had crumbled down due to an earthquake.
Gedong Kirtya Museum
Built in Singaraja city, the capital city of Nusa Tenggara at the time. One of Dutch scholar L.J.J. Caron invited kings of Bali and religious figures o discuss about rich heritages of ancient litterair spread out in Bali. This art works were supposed to go astray or damage in the course of time without giving chance to the people to know or study their values. The meeting was done in Kintamani on June 1928. The forum decided to establish a foundation called ” Kirtya Liefrink – Van der Tuuk” to manage the preservation. F.A. Liefrink was the Assistant Resident of Dutch Administration on Bali and Lombok who put an intensive attention to Balinese culture and had written many articles on Bali and Lombok. Dr. H.N. Van der Tuuk, was an historians who built his house on the land what is now Gedong Kirtya Museum He compose the 4 volumes of Kawi – Balineesch – Nederlandch Woordenboek between 1872 – 1894. The museum is dedicated special for manuscripts written on palm leaves as literary heritages of Bali. Here further research on contents, preservation, and socialization are being projected, beside more collection be searched among the private collectors and persuade them to trust the preservation at the museum.
Monument Puputan Klungkung
The monument of Klungkung Battle is located at the very heart of Semarapura town, exactly on the northern opposite of the Court Hall and the Floating Pavilion areas. It was erected by the local government in reminiscence of the heroes who had killed sacrificing their souls and bodies and all their
possessions to uphold and maintain the self-value and rank of their state and nation against the enforcement of colonization. In the vicinity of the monument, a historic event once took place, a grave battle to the last blood-shed of Klungkungese royal knights raged against a troop of brutal attack from the Dutch soldiers on Tuesday April 28, 1908. The attraction of the monument is that, it is a historical cenotaph in the Balinese architecture with the shape of Lingga-Yoni, erected on a height 28 meters from the base to its top. And statues of King and his prominent courtiers that perished in the bloody battle fixed within, supported with a line of dioramas narrating the episode of the battle to the last blood-shed.
Museum Arjuna Metapa(Arjuna Metapa Museum)
This open-air museum was constructed in 1960 and is managed by Bali’s Department of Archeology. There is an impressive collection of ancient material from both the prehistoric and historic eras of Bali. Located between Pejeng and Bedahulu, on the way to Tampaksiring it is central to an area of numerous archeological discoveries. West of Gedung Area is a sculpture known as Arjuna Metapa, or the Meditating Arjuna.
The Agung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA) was officially opened by the Indonesian Minister for Education and Culture, Prof. Dr. Ing. Wardiman Djojonegoro on 9 June 1996. The museum is administered by the ARMA Foundation which was set up on 13 May 1996. ARMA is more than a museum. It is a centre for visual and performing arts and provides opportunities for the visitor to enjoy the permanent collection of paintings special temporary exhibitions. theatre performances, dance, music and painting classes. hookshop, lihraiy and reading room, cultural workshops, conferences seminars and training programmes.